Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday: Be Inspired by Team EcoEtsy

 
I just fell in love with the EcoEtsy Team. I didn't know there was a team dedicated specifically to recycling and upcyling. When I started selling antiques, right out of college, my goal was to market them as environmentally friendly furnishings. I've spent the better part of ten years really developing that aspect of my business.

I love the fact that the items I sell have been saved from a dismal life of sitting on warehouse shelves rotting away. It's a wonderful feeling to know my wares are about to become something fabulous, every time I make a sale. I always feel a bit silly when people ask me, "What do you make with all of these wonderful things?" Mainly because I don't sew. But also, because my only answer is "Nothing. All of my time is taken up finding, sorting, measuring and prepping everything so you can make something." It is the truth, but I really wish I had the time to create some fabulous upcycled goodies.

So, I challenge you all! Next time you're about to start a project, be inspired by Team EcoEtsy. Look around and see what you can reuse or salvage. Stretch your imagination and make something beautiful out of what many people would throw out with the trash..

1 comment:

wynzia said...

i agree...so much creativity on team ecoetsy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails